As I work with female entrepreneurs and executives, self-confidence consistently arises as a perceived deficiency. How often have you been told that all you need is more self-confidence? It's one of many prevailing "success messages" that reinforce the notion of our inadequacy. Regardless of your achievements, the lack of self-confidence is always blamed for hindering progress. Imposter Syndrome often manifests as undeserved criticism or complaint directed toward women, triggering self-doubt. Self-confidence and self-doubt frequently intertwine when discussing Imposter Syndrome. Self-trust is key to dispelling the myth of Imposter Syndrome.
Dispelling the Myth That Hinders Your Path to Fulfillment
As women navigate life beyond 60, they discover a vibrant landscape of opportunity and wisdom. At the core of this new endeavour lies the recognition of self-reliance instead of pursuing self-assurance. Embracing the strength of wisdom empowers a purposeful and passionate life.
Building and nurturing self-trust, rather than seeking self-confidence, is the key to success in your Executive Encore.
This blog post explores these crucial qualities, empowering women to embark on a fulfilling path with invaluable wisdom gained through the years.
As we approach the crossroads of 60 and beyond, a new desire for personal validation and achievement emerges, separate from external recognition that once defined success. At this stage, self-trust becomes pivotal. Here's the question: How can you, a woman with profound life experience, leverage these qualities to create a sustainable Executive Encore aligned with your deepest convictions? Through consciously building self-trust.
Understanding the Landscape of Our Life
Life is often compared to a tapestry. As we navigate through life, our self-reliance and resilience is influenced by various factors. Physiology whispers to us about our body's capabilities and limitations. Social relationships reflect the strength of our connections and our strong bonds. Socio-ecological elements position us in the broader context. Each aspect leaves an imprint on our self-trust and self-confidence.
The Power of Self-Trust
While self-confidence can often feel like wearing a well-tailored suit, exuding certainty in our abilities outwardly, self-trust is the luxurious silk beneath; it's the unwavering faith we hold in our cores, knowing that we can endure and adapt, regardless of the situation. That robust core comes from embracing life's successes and surviving its storms, grounded in wisdom and experience rather than external validation. It's about building trust in yourself by acting in the best interests of your spirit and overall well-being. It's about honouring the promises you make to yourself.
Self-trust holds immense significance as we navigate the crossroads of our 60s and beyond, as it flourishes with the bedrock of lifelong learning and introspection - aka, wisdom.
Cultivating self-trust is very much like tending a garden:
- Creating the foundation and setting boundaries.
- Planting seeds of affirmation, purposefulness, and self-awareness.
- Nurturing and sheltering to protect from a harsh environment and conditions.
- Pruning to promote healthy growth and weeding to remove threats.
Mindfulness, meditation, personal development, and self-care can help us connect with our authentic selves and grow inner trust.
- Wisdom and Experience: Draw from encounters and insights. Knowing wisdom comes with time.
- Self-Dialogue and Powerful Words: Reflect on experiences, journal, and seek mentorship to enrich intuition. Choose words that foster self-trust.
- Self-Development: Study emotional intelligence, particularly self-perception. Explore resources like Maestro's Encore for guidance and support.
- Integrity and Trust: Align your actions with self-care commitments and keep promises to yourself.
Self-Trust and the Ability to Manifest Self-Confidence
Self-confidence is simply the outward manifestation of self-trust. Self-trust also contributes to a healthy self-regard, giving a higher sense of personal efficacy, adequacy, and self-reliance. Without self-trust, genuine self-assurance and self-confidence will waver with life's highs and lows, and hits from the perception of others.
Self-trust is a magnetic force that:
- Enables us to radiate self-confidence, which attracts opportunities and empowers us to navigate each stage of life with certainty and poise gracefully.
- Repells self-doubt which eradicates the Imposter Syndrome.
Self-trust is the foundation for perpetuating higher appreciation for who we are and contributes to healthy self-regard.
Harmony of Self-Trust and Self-Confidence
The harmony of self-trust with self-confidence paves the way for an encore of empowerment beyond the years. Continue to grow, evolve, and rise. This is where your Executive Encore begins.
- Call to Action: Discover Maestro's Encore programs, blogs, videos/podcasts, and newsletters for valuable guidance. Dive into the wellspring of your wisdom and move forward with unwavering conviction, knowing that you can trust and believe in yourself.
Join us. Share, inspire, and grow with a community that celebrates your journey. When one woman's self-trust blooms, the garden of collective empowerment flourishes.
Looking for more insights and inspiration? Subscribe to the Encore blog, the Executive Encore YouTube and Podcast, and the Executive Encore newsletter. Join a movement steadfast in the pursuit of empowerment.
Receive Maestro's Encore blog in your inbox with more VIP content related to this topic and accelerate your emotional well-being and resilience.
Download the latest resource to learn more about emotional and social functioning, performance, and overall sense of fulfillment and well-being.